Trademark, Copyright, and Intellectual Property Law
assets are as important to a company as its intellectual property. That is why Prince
Lobel’s skilled intellectual property lawyers are poised to protect our
clients’ trademarks and copyrights and help safeguard their trade
secrets. We are dedicated to helping clients of all sizes maximize the
value of these assets and protect them from encroachment.
Copyright, and Intellectual Property practice includes
- Working with business and individual clients to develop a
sound and comprehensive strategy for protecting their intellectual property
- Helping clients maximize the value of their intellectual
- Registering and protecting copyrights, trademarks, and
Internet domain names
- Drafting and negotiating confidentiality and proprietary
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements
- Litigating copyright, trademark, and patent infringement
claims, as well as claims for misappropriation of trade secrets
- Handling domain name proceedings under the Uniform Domain
Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP)
- Ensuring compliance under the Digital Millennium Copyright
Act (DMCA) and its safe harbor provisions
service the intellectual property needs of individuals and companies, from
inventors and entrepreneurs to large corporations, in fields ranging from the
traditional and online media, to insurance, to computer software. Our
lawyers are members of specialty associations including the Copyright Society
of the United States, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and
the International Trademark Association.
For more information on Prince Lobel's Trademark, Copyright, and Intellectual Property Law practice, please contact Robert A. Bertsche at rbertsche@PrinceLobel.com or 617 456 8018 or Joseph D. Steinfield at jsteinfield@PrinceLobel.com or 617 456 8015.
- Trademark registration and protection - For
clients ranging from publishing companies to a national insurance company,
Prince Lobel intellectual property lawyers regularly register and monitor our
clients’ trademarks in order to protect them from infringement.
- Trademark infringement - We defended the events planning
division of an international media company against trademark infringement
claims brought by a Florida-based business. The case settled after Prince
Lobel attorneys successfully defeated the opposing party’s attempts to litigate
the case in Florida.
- Trade secrets -
We brought claims on behalf of a
regional magazine that alleged that a competitor had stolen its confidential
advertiser list. Though the settlement terms were confidential, the
competitor issued a statement saying that its employees had engaged in
misconduct of which it had been unaware.
- Software copyright infringement - We successfully defended a computer
software maintenance company and its president in federal court against claims
for copyright infringement and violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright
- Fair use counseling - The firm’s media lawyers regularly
advise newspapers, magazines, Web publishers, and broadcasters to help them
publish without courting claims of copyright or trademark infringement.
- Intellectual property audits - Prince Lobel lawyers regularly engage in detailed examinations of clients’ copyright, trademark, and trade secret protection practices to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and ward off infringement claims.