- Oteri, Weinberg & Lawson, P.C.
James W. Lawson
James W. Lawson specializes in criminal litigation, in state and federal criminal trials, and in appellate cases. He has acted as legal counsel in 39 states and appeared in 25 federal districts. His representation includes businesses and individuals in complex federal and state investigations of health care, contracting, bank fraud, and other economic crimes.
Prior to joining Prince Lobel, James was a partner at Oteri, Weinberg & Lawson, P.C., in Boston. He is the former chair of the section on criminal law of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers and a frequent lecturer at conferences and seminars. James is a trustee of the Charity of Edward Hopkins and chair of the Charity Grants Committee of the Memorial Church at Harvard University.
Not in My Court: The Reach of Federal Laws to the Unintentional Visitor, with Kimberly Homan. New England Law Review, Volume 38, Number 4, 2004.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1975
- Harvard University, M. Div., 1972
- Abilene Christian College, B.A., summa cum laude, 1969
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Former Chair, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers, Criminal Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Pre-eminent Lawyers, criminal trial practice
- Included in National Directory of Criminal Lawyers, Gold Publishing
- 2010: Included in Best Lawyers in Criminal Defense
- 2009-present: Named a "Massachusetts Super Lawyer" in the area of Criminal Defense
- 2008-present: Selected as one of "Boston's Best Lawyers" for Non-White-Collar Criminal Defense
- 1991-present: Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White), and New England's Best Lawyers, Non-White-Collar Criminal Defense and White-Collar Criminal Defense
- American Board of Criminal Lawyers, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers