Insurance and Reinsurance
The risk transfer mechanisms of the insurance and reinsurance industry are the essential lubricants of 21st century commerce. The industry’s specialized contractual, claim and regulatory challenges form the core expertise of the attorneys in the firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Group. This expertise is a valuable tool for our insurance and reinsurance clients as they face increasingly complex contractual, legal and regulatory challenges.
We provide counsel and effective representation to insurance and reinsurance clients facing these challenges, including:
- High risk and/or specialty insurance and reinsurance claims and coverage analysis in subject areas including environmental, emerging tort, asbestos, professional errors and omissions and D&O liability, personal accident/disability, business interruption, and media and publishing liabilities
- Audit and inspection
- Reinsurance arbitration and litigation
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Regulatory matters
- Risk analysis of new and existing insurance and reinsurance business structures
- Policy/treaty wordings and endorsements
- Agent and broker relationships
Our clients include insurers and reinsurers, and other insurance and reinsurance market participants. Although our core industry work involves claims and litigation, the firm also provides focused corporate, commercial contract and employment counseling and services to our insurance and reinsurance industry clients. With collective experience of more than a half century, there are few issues involving the insurance and reinsurance industry that our group has not already encountered on behalf of our P&C, Life, Health and Accident, and specialty insurer and reinsurer clients.
The following list is representative of our insurance and reinsurance industry client base:
- AXIS Surplus Insurance Company
- AXIS Reinsurance Company
- Cavell America, Inc.
- Controlled Risk Insurance Company, Ltd.
- FM Global Insurance Company
- General Reinsurance Corporation
- Greenwood International Insurance Services, Inc.
- John Hancock Management Company
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Mutual Insurance Company, Ltd.
To find out more about how our insurance and reinsurance expertise can assist your company, contact Mitchell S. King at mking@PrinceLobel.com or 617 456 8010.